Old Fortress


This is where the city of Corfu was located from 60 BC until the 14th century, and was built by the Venetians in order to protect the city from the invasions. Today two impressive bastions remain, which bear the names of the Italian engineers Martinengo and Savorgan, as well as later British buildings, such as the church of St. George, built in 1840, a large basilica in the style of an ancient Doric temple. Although it’s a steep climb the views from the old lighthouse at the highest point are well worth the effort.

Other Places

Address: Prinias, Corfu
Tel1: (+30) 2661049300,
Tel2:(+30) 26610 36598
Mob1: (+30) 6946112390,
Mob2:(+30) 6946047536,
Fax: (+30) 2661028330
E-mail: [email protected]
M.H.T.E. : 0829K123K7782001